– See below for the french version – Confirm your registration NGO CAPACITY BUILDING workshop 1-3 December 2017 (Korea) Are you one of the 85 people that have pre-registered for…Read More
In 2012, at the meeting of the Intergovernmental Committee of the UNESCO 2003 Convention in Baku, Azerbaijan, the NGO Forum decided to establish an online journal with the title #HeritageAlive.
The journal sought to share NGOs experiences regarding safeguarding practices, both good and bad, within the area of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The concept was to share knowledge from fieldwork in communities and with practitioners, between the UNESCO accredited NGOs and experts, in order to learn from each other. An editorial board was formed, with members from all over the world, and Eivind Falk was elected as the Editor in Chief. The online journal has published articles on a variety of different themes concerned Intangible cultural heritage and safeguarding, such as articles on traditional crafts, festivals and naming practices.
Whilst the interest in the journal remained relatively steady, interest peaked after a call for papers was made in relation to Traditional Medicine. As a result of the overwhelming response, we decided to publish the an edition of #Heritage Alive, a book, dedicated to the theme of Traditional medicine.
Members of the #Heritage Alive editorial board is: Jean Roche, Rajiv Trivedi, Emily Drani, Ananya Bhattacharya, Albert vd Zeijden, Salih Taner Serin, Valentina Zingari, Dr. V. Jayaran, Eva Romankova, Harriet Deacon, Joseph Ogieriakhi, Fanny Houët, Ki Leonce, Gabriele Desiderio, Severin Cachat, Seraphin Bute, Robert BD Otto, Okello Quinto, Jorge Gustavo Caicedo and Eivind Falk (Editor in Chief).
For further information: Eivind.Falk@handverksinstituttet.no
All the articles from #HeritageAlive:
- Concerns of Diversity – Living crafts, Methodology for the continuation of craftsmanship – By Eivind Falk
- Spiritual renewal and the safeguarding of religious traditions in the Netherlands – By Albert van der Zeijden
- Safeguarding ICH & Sustainable Development – By Ananya Bhattacharya
- Bunads and Folk Costumes as wearable knowledge and cultural expression – By Solveig Torgersen Grinder and Jorid Martinsen
- The Empaako Traditional Naming Practice in Uganda – By Emily Drani
- A case of Koogere oral tradition in Uganda – By Stephen Rwagweri
- Promoting Herbal Medicine in Uganda – By John De Coninck
- ICH as a Legitimation Strategy for Traditional and Complementary Healing Methods? – By Michaela Noseck-Licul
Two-day conference Thursday 15-Friday 16 February 2018 in Utrecht, organized within the context of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018. Now open for registration: email@example.com With keynotes, case studies, presentations,…Read More
On November 25, in the occasion of the General Assembly of the members of the cultural association “Circolo della zampogna” (Bagpipe Club) that takes place in Scapoli (province of Isernia,…Read More
Read the last newsletter of the Ich Ngo Forum, available also in french: ICH NGO FORUM – NewsletterRead More