The Fifth Biennial Conference of the Association of Critical Heritage Studies (ACHS) will be held at University College London in the Summer of 2020 (from 26 to 30 August). The…Read More
The ICH NGO Forum is the platform for communication, networking, exchange and cooperation for NGOs accredited by UNESCO to provide advisory services to the Intergovernmental Committee in the framework of the 2003 UNESCO Convention for the safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
NGOs are a pillar for the safeguarding of the World’s living traditions, together with the holders of these traditions and the States. The Forum also welcomes NGOs that are active in the field of ICH and are in the process of accreditation.
The ICH NGO Forum organizes meetings and symposia on shared international challenges in the safeguarding policies and practices of ICH, and is particularly committed to follow the implementation and the evolution of the 2003 Convention. Periodic meetings take place simultaneously with the sessions of the Convention’s General Assembly (every two years in June) and of the Intergovernmental Committee (annually in December).
Here the page with all the documents produced by the ICH NGO FORUM (statements, reports and more).
Steering Committee: Rules and Procedures
Composition of the Steering Committee:
Africa: Mr. Seraphin Boute – GLODEPM, Global Development for Pygmee Minorities (Congo) – email@example.com
Arab States: Ms. Reme Sakr (R.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Asia and the Pacific: Mr. Dong Hwan Choi – CICS, Center for Intangible Cultural Studies (Republic of Korea) – email@example.com
Eastern Europe: Mr. Kaloyan Nikolov – EAFF, European Association of Folklore Festivals (Bulgaria) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Latin America and the Caribbean: Mr. Jorge Gustavo Caicedo (email@example.com)
Western Europe and North America: Mrs Meg NÖMGÅRD – Berättarnätet Kronoberg/ The Storytelling Network of Kronoberg (Sweden) – firstname.lastname@example.org
International: Mrs Naila CERIBAŠIC – ICTM, International Council for Traditional Music – email@example.com
- January 11, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- February 17, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- March 15, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- April 11, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- May 11, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- August 3, 2017 -Minutes of ICH NGO SC Forum Skype meeting
- September 11, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO SC Forum Skype meeting
- September 30, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO SC Forum Skype meeting
- October 11, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO SC Forum Skype meeting
- November 15, 2017 – Minutes of ICH NGO SC Forum Skype meeting
- February 19, 2018 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- April 23, 2018 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
- October 30, 2018 – Minutes of ICH NGO Forum SC Skype meeting
CONTACT for the ICH NGO Forum – firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT for the Website, Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter: Mr. Gabriele Desiderio email@example.com
The International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) is one of the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions’ key instruments of international cooperation and…Read More
Finnish Folk Music Institute organizes the Kaustinen Intangible Cultural Heritage Seminar 2019: The impact of Unesco nominations on community-based safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage – experiences and practices. The seminar takes…Read More