MEMORIAMEDIA (MI/IELT) has a peer reviewed e-journal dedicated to promote, communicate and document projects, studies and archives of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH). Authors are now invited to submit unpublished papers, videos or e-exhibitions about all the domains of ICH: oral traditions, performative practices, celebrations, traditional craftsmanship and knowledge concerning nature and the universe.
The e-journal will be written and subtitled in English and Portuguese. MEMORIAMEDIA can finance the translation of the contents selected for publication (from Portuguese to English or vice versa).
Deadline for submission – 30th April 2017
Publication – 31th July 2017
Specific areas of interests include (but are not limited to) the following topics:
• e-Archives, e-inventories, e-repositories and e-exhibitions of intangible cultural heritage (and associated heritage – tangible and natural);
• Community involvement in safeguarding ICH – e-archives, types of participation and interaction;
• Intangible cultural heritage, e-archives and sustainable development;
• Open access to digital cultural heritage;
• Sharing and exchange of research data;
• Aggregators of digitised ICH within the European and global digital environment;
• Use, efficiency and design of interfaces for websites and applications about ICH;
• Digital storytelling, memory and oral history in e-archives of cultural heritage;
• Issues of the protection of intellectual property and rights in digital content and e-archives.
All papers, videos and e-exhibitions will be peer-reviewed by editors and 2 members of the editorial council. Editors can request the opinion of peer-reviews that constitute an ad hoc list.
All submissions are reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality and clarity.
• About 2500 words (5-7 pages);
• Word file (.doc, .docx) or Plain text (.txt) – up to 4MB;
• The paper must be written in English or Portuguese.
Videos and e-Exhibitions:
• Communications/demonstrations of a digital content management system, digital archives, libraries and repositories preserving ICH or Oral History;
• Up to 10 minutes’ video;
• Link to the video with access reserved – YouTube or Vimeo. For e-exhibitions: link to video; Power Point file (. ppt, .pptx) or other format for editors’ consideration – up to 4MB;
• The video and e-exhibition must be subtitled/written in Portuguese or English – Up to 2500 words in subtitles Word file (.doc, .docx) or Plain text (.txt).
For further information: www.memoriamedia.net/index.php/submission