On the behalf of #HeritageAlive it’s a pleasure for me to announce a call for articles. In 2018 the editorial board have decided to concentrate on two topics: You can either write about Woodcarving OR you can write about Traditional food. The topics could be focusing on different themes as:
- Sustainable development
- ICH and children
#HeritageAlive is the by UNESCO accredited NGOs online journal, where we share ground experiences from the field. The approach of the article should be practical, and not an academic paper. These are the frames for contribution:
- The articles approach is exchange of experiences from the field, when working with ICH
- The articles should be 2000-3000 words. In English or French.
- The article should be sent us as a text only. Pictures we will sent separately later.
- The author is responsible for washing the text for misspellings before passing it to the board. A text characterized by misspellings and grammatical errors will be returned to the author.
- For 2018 there is a goal for the board to publish the articles both in English and French.
All NGOs are invited to contribute. Questions or articles should be directed to Editor in chief, Eivind Falk, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will receive articles from now and until September 1st 2018. The articles will be discussed in the board as we receive them, and the authors will be given a feedback in order to make adjustments before publishing. We look forward to your contribution!
According to the response, and in cooperation with ICHCAP, we will choose one of the two topics when gathering at the 13.COM. This will result in a new publication on paper, to be published in the end of 2019, and presented at the 14.COM.
Editor in Chief
The by UNESCO accreditated ICH NGOs Journal for exchange of experiences from the Field, established 2013.
Read the book entitled Traditional Medicine: exchange of experiences from the field launched at the twelfth session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, from 4 to 9 December 2017.